zaterdag 17 september 2011

My brother in law

Hello everyone,

Here I am again. First I will write an explanation for the quilt I'll let you see.
My brother in law, Marcel, is a great fan of the local football in Groningen. He wished he had a quilt in the colors of his club, green and white. My sister didn't really like that colors for her living. But...his wish was great and he is special for me and my family. So I decieded to made some green and white for him. Of course I told my sister Stella that I started to make a quilt in his favourite colors with the logo of his club. She likes what I was making, so the proces of paper-piecing could go on.
At the end of august Stella and Marcel came to us for the weekend. I quilted as quick as possible and I made it. The quilt was ready, and wrapped in a green paper for him. His face was priceless when he had unpacked the present.

Here will follow some pictures.
This detail is the logo of the club, FC Groningen.

And here the whole quilt.


I can tell you that he's very fond oF this blanket!
You will understand that I do well.

Thank you for reading my blog. If you want you can leave a message, I would appreciate.

Greetings, Jacqueline

3 opmerkingen:

  1. Q-Darling, chapeau voor je prachtige werk aan de quilt voor Marcel. Ik vind je regelmatige, kleine quiltsteekjes zó knap en mooi!
    Voetbal is nooit mijn sport geweest, maar ~ De Zondagssteek ~ heeft ook 'clubkleuren'.... :>)
    Fijn weekend en veel liefs!
    x x x Q-Sissy.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Lieffie ik kan je vertellen dat Marcel zo ongeveer wóónt in je quilt! De foto's geven een goed idee maar in werkelijkheid is die zoooooooooo mooi!

    Ja niet alleen hij maar ook ik ben er hartstikke blij mee. Het is echt vakwerk en je hebt echt een meesterstuk afgeleverd. Top top top!

    Je bent een engel; maar dit wist je al :)
    Liefs,
    Stel
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. What a truly heartfelt gift, Jacqueline. I'm sure Marcel ADORES this! You are a special sister-in-law. :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen