woensdag 14 september 2011

Leiden 9 september 2011

Hello,

Finally I can tell you about de exposition in Leiden. I decided to go there friday morning when I was standing up. After een quick breakfast I jumped in my little blue car en went to Leiden. After paking and a short walk, along very nice shops I came near the "Pieterskerk". Thats the place I want to be that moment.
It was over welming to be there and to see what everybody has made. There were beautifull handmade quilts, machine and hand quilted quilts, art quilts and so much more. It was just lovely to be there and see the quilts. This time I was alone, and it was good to be there. When you´re alone you can walk as quick or slow as you like. Of course with some one it´s nicer and more sociable. Unfortunately it´s not always possible to go together. Maybe next year I can go with one of my sisters?!
There were also different quilt shops with there fabrics and lot of supplies. I bought some fabrics, a pattern and a ruler with inches that was still missing in my range. And.... there was a quilt ring on a standard, so you can use both hands when you are quilting. I decieded to buy this beauty.When I was walking to my car I felt so happy and rich. It was really worth to go to Leiden and next year I will be back on the exposition of 2012 from "het Quiltersgilde"

Here my sewing (quilt) angel from Jim Shore!


Thank you for reading the blog.
Greetings and until next time,
Jacqueline

1 opmerking:

  1. Nou meid, ik moet hoognodig naar bed, maar toch eerst nog even een paar woordjes van waardering voor je quiltverhaal over Leiden.
    Volgend jaar hoop ik weer met je mee te kunnen!
    Ja en die Angel van onze vriend Jim is natuurlijk een schatje. Mijn tweede naam is Angelina.........
    Trusten Q-Darling en tot gauw maar weer!
    Liefs van je Q-Sissy.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen